Thursday, January 26, 2012

A World of Magic in a Blade of Grass

There is a world of magic hidden in a blade of grass, but it is so easily passed by as we rush through our morning routines. Our cameras allow us to see things that our eye often overlooks. 

Taking my camera out into my backyard yesterday morning felt like an act of prayer as it allowed me to see more deeply into the beauty of the every day objects I take for granted. 

It gave me time to focus on my breath as I needed to make sure that I pressed the shutter in between breaths so as to keep the camera as still as possible.  It made me look deeper.  I was drawn to the dew on the grass but when I looked ever closer I was mesmerized by the drops of water clinging to the blade of grass.

It made me aware of the magic of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment