Sunday, January 22, 2012

Poladroids

I find it interesting that the more technology improves the more I seem to want to recreate photographs that have a retro feel to them.  However, I love the fact that digital photography allows me to play and experiment as much as I want without spending money on film. So when I found the website Poladroids I was very excited as I can now create polaroid-looking photographs using my digital photographs! The fun thing about the application is that once downloaded (this is free) a Polaroid camera appears on your computer screen.  You then drag and drop your digital image into the camera and it makes a noise like a Polaroid camera and then ejects the print onto your desktop.  And to make the experience even more authentic you have to wait while the print fully develops - just like a real Polaroid camera.  I can see myself spending hours playing with this application!

No comments:

Post a Comment